You’re now viewing the Blood Donor website. Visit:
- Why donate blood
- Who can give
- Am I eligible to donate blood?
- When can I donate next?
- Donating after travelling
- Donating as a group
- How else can I help?
- FAQs - who can give
- I'm ready to donate
- About blood
- Contact Us
- Australia has one of the safest blood supply systems in the world.
- You can donate whole blood every 12 weeks.
- O negative blood is universal and can be given to anyone.
- Plasma and platelet donations can be made every 2 weeks.
- Every whole blood donation can save 3 lives.
- 1 in 3 people will need blood. Only 1 in 30 gives blood.
- Australia needs over 27,000 blood donations every week.
- 470mL of blood is collected when you give whole blood.
- Within 24-48 hours of giving blood, your blood volume is completely restored.
- Giving blood only takes about an hour.
- Plasma donations can be used to make 18 different products.
- Red blood cells have a shelf life of 42 days.
- 34% of donated blood goes towards helping cancer patients.
- You can start giving blood at 16.
- The blood service has been collecting blood for over 80 years.
- You can donate double platelets – helping twice as many people.
- Platelets have a shelf life of only 5 days.
To make an appointment to give blood book online or call us on 13 14 95.
Prior to making an appointment please check your eligibility.
Existing Donors: Update your details here
Update your details without having to call us by following the links below:
|How can we help you?|
Update your donation
Change your details
Ask a question or give feedback
To find your nearest donor centre please refer to our donor centre map.
Your feedback is important to us as it help us improve our service to you. Please complete our feedback form or you can contact us at any of the addresses below.
|417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Vic 3004
Tel: 03 9863 1600
NSW / ACT
|Donor Services Manager
17 O'Riordan Street, Alexandria, NSW 2015
|QLD||Donor Services Manager
44 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove QLD 4059
|VIC / TAS||Donor Services Manager
100 - 154 Batman Street, West Melbourne, Vic 3003
|WA / NT||Donor Services Manager
290 Wellington Street, Perth, WA 6000
|SA||Donor Services Manager
301 Pirie Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
If you wish to remain anonymous when you contact the Red Cross Blood Service complete our online form or call us on 1300 606 833.