Senior Research Fellow
University of Queensland, Honorary Research Fellow
Queensland University of Technology, Visiting Research Fellow
Critical Care Research Group of the Prince Charles Hospital, Adjunct Research Fellow
Dr Tung’s research is focused on better understanding the effects and possible negative outcomes associated with transfusion, especially of stored blood products.
A particular focus is on transfusion-related acute lung injury or TRALI, with his doctoral thesis, conferred from the University of Queensland in 2012, describing the development of the first large animal model TRALI.
In this research, Dr Tung uses a range of animal and laboratory models.
Awards and Memberships
- Australian Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis Best Scientific Poster (2013)
- British Blood Transfusion Society Margaret Kenwright Young Scientist Award (2013)
- International Society of Blood Transfusion Vox Sanguinis Best Paper Prize (2012)
- The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation Graeme Nielson Best Paper Award (2012)
- Australia and New Zealand Society of Blood Transfusion Travel Award (2010)
- Australia and New Zealand Society of Blood Transfusion Presidential Award (2009)
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Hematology (2009 - Current)
- International Society of Blood Transfusion (2012 - Current)
- Australian Society of Medical Research (ASMR, 2015 - Current)