What steps are you taking to protect my information when I book online?
The Blood Service learned important lessons from its data security incident in October 2016, and has already made a number of improvements to its online booking system.
Donors who make an online booking request via this website (donateblood.com.au) should know that we have strengthened our security policy and systems. Measures to protect your information include:
- Deleting this information when we no longer need it
- We are now deleting online inquiry forms after one (1) week rather than archiving them;
- Being more careful about where we store information
- Your online inquiry forms will not be used on our non-production servers;
- Improving our monitoring for future threats
- We’ve increased the level of security surveillance on donateblood.com.au;
- Modernising the way our donors make appointments online
- We are working to implement a new and even more secure online booking system. We look forward to sharing more information about this with our donors later this year.
This new and rigorous approach to protecting your information is in line with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
You can learn more about the Privacy Act by visiting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner