When you become a bone marrow donor, your donation is often the last chance for life for someone with a serious illness.
Enrol as a bone marrow donor
The Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry (ABMDR) is always looking for young, committed, ethnically-diverse donors to help save lives. Ethnic diversity is really important since patients are more likely to find a match with a donor from the same ethnic background.
How it works:
- Complete the form at a blood donor centre to enrol as a new bone marrow donor.
You'll need to:
- have given, or be prepared to give, blood
- be able to provide a small blood sample for tissue typing.
- ABMDR registers your tissue type and details on their database.
- They contact you if you're a match to help save someone's life.
Learn about donating bone marrow at The Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry.