National R&D Leader
- Product Development and Storage
Senior Lecturer, School of Medicine, The University of Sydney
Dr Marks’ research focuses on all aspects of improving blood component quality and safety from blood collection through to processing, storage and transfusion.
This includes development of novel blood products such as platelet lysate and frozen blood components.
Dr Marks has published over 50 peer reviewed papers.
Awards and Leadership
- Associate Editor, ISBT Science Series
- Guest Editor, Special Edition on Blood component quality and safety - Journal of Blood Transfusion
- Member of BEST Collaborative working group on cryopreservation of blood components (2014-2015)
- Reviewer for journals including Transfusion, Vox Sanguinis, Platelets, Journal of Transfusion and Apheresis Science, and Journal of Proteomics
- Abstract reviewer for ISBT conference submissions
ANZSBT, Defence Health Foundation, Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists