Privacy & Security Statement
Why we collect your information
In order to assess your application for employment with the Blood Service we need to collect and use your personal information. This allows us to:
- Assess your application for a position (or positions) in a fair and accurate manner
- Conduct personal reference checks
You don’t need to give us any of the personal information requested in an advertisement or any other document or communication relating to your interest in a position with the Blood Service. However, without this information, we may not be able to properly assess an application for employment.
How we collect your information
Generally, most of the personal information will be collected directly from you. For example, personal information will be collected when you apply for a position on our careers website or during an interview or assessment at a later stage.
Personal information may also be collected about you from other sources, such as:
- Your former employer, to verify your employment history
- Police or security checks, where such a check is required due to the nature of the position being applied for
- Psychometric assessments, where that is required for the position applied for
How we use your information
We use your personal information to:
- Identify you and assess your application for employment
- Invite you to apply for future positions where you have elected to allow the Blood Service to do this
Generally, we do not disclose your personal information to a party outside the Blood Service other than for purposes directly related to our assessment of your application for a position with us. Some examples of parties outside the Blood Service to whom we may disclose your personal information are:
A former employer or academic institution to verify your past employment history or qualifications.
- Any referee nominated by you
- A company conducting psychometric testing where this is relevant to the position that you are applying for
- Police or a security agency where an integrity check is relevant to the position that you are applying for
If your application for employment with us contains information about another individual (e.g. referee details), you are responsible for ensuring that the individual has been made aware of the contents of this Privacy Statement and the fact that their details have been supplied to us.
By applying for employment with the Blood Service you authorise us to collect, maintain, use and disclose your personal information in the manner set out in this privacy statement.