With every blood donation you give your plasma, which is used to make a variety of blood products, including immunoglobulins:
- Intravenous immunoglobulin - used to boost the immune system and in the treatment of some muscle and nerve conditions.
- Normal Immunoglobulins - extracts from plasma that carry antibodies against common infectious diseases such as measles, rubella and hepatitis A.
- Hyper Immunoglobulins - prepared from a pool of donations from donors who have strong antibodies against diseases such as tetanus, chicken pox, Hepatitis B and cytomegalovirus.
Giving blood is a simple and very rewarding experience. It only takes about an hour:
- Arrival – You’ll be welcomed and asked to complete a confidential health questionnaire.
- Interview – We'll assess your eligibility and check your haemoglobin levels.
- Giving blood – It takes 5-10 minutes (allow 60 minutes from interview to refreshments).
- Relax and refresh – You can relax and have something to eat and drink in our refreshment area.
Ready to donate? Make an appointment today.
Not ready to make an appointment? Find out more below, or call us on 13 14 95.
- Check if you are eligible to donate
- Find your nearest donor centre